What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Some of the cookies we use will expire at the end of your session. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum time of 6 months.
The types of cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use our online shopping basket facilities or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are used to monitor the performance of our website and identify improvements. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, enabling us to personalise our content for you, and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record information about your visit to our website, including the pages you visited and the links you followed. We use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
- Dwsid – this is a session tracking cookie, and allows us to see which pages you visit on the website and if you get errors, it helps us identify where they occurred.
- Dwsecuretoken – this ensures maximum security for you when you are buying from our site.
- Dwanonymous - this cookie enables us to see how visitors who are not registered with us, use the website and how they navigate around. Please note that this does not contain or share your personal information.
- Dwcustomer – this cookie allows us to see how registered customers use the site and navigate around. Again, this does not contain or share specific personal data.
- Dwac – this cookies informs our Analytics software of on-site behaviour, so that the team can work out where the site performs well, and not so well in order to drive improvement.
- Dwpersonalization – we are constantly trying to improve our website and this cookie enables us to show different versions of the same page, to sets of visitors so that we can learn what works best.
- Dwsourcecode – this cookie tells us how you found our website, and which website you came from. This means we can make our marketing campaigns more effective.
- Dwuser – this is to track internal usage i.e. to tell us when someone using the site is actually an internal member of the team.
- LastSize – size selection cookie (custom) - once you have selected a shoe size on our website, we store that size for the session in order to pre-select the correct show size for you and in order to improve your experience.